Monday, 1 September 2014
Befriend A Blogger Campaign
I take part in loads of blogger twitter chats, and one of the most frequently said things is "I would like to make more blogger friends" I feel this way as well because it's our hobby and we have a common interest. I don't really know any other bloggers in real life, so only get to interact a little with other bloggers via the virtual world.
So I decided, wouldn't it be nice to create a little event to try and encourage bloggers to really get to know one another and hopefully make a new friend(s).
1) Please only sign up if you truly intend to take part
2) Be kind, this is not the time for bitchiness
3) Your aim is to learn as much about your blogger team mates as possible
4) Once you have spent some time getting to know your new blogger friends feature them in a post to tell us all about your new found friendship!
5) If you do decide to meet up with a fellow blogger, make sure it is in a public place for safety. Whilst we all like to think the best of people we can never be sure who someone is via social media so be careful.
So want to know how to get involved?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "befriend a blogger" include your name, blog address, blog genre, your age, area and country you live in.
I will then put you into a set of 2 pairs, so each blogger will have the chance to get to know someone near and far. I hope this will make things more exciting as you can learn about a blogger from the opposite end of the country, possibly even another country as well as someone a little closer to you, so should you wish to meet up that could be a possibility as well. I will do my best to team you with bloggers of a similar age as well as similar blogging genre's so you will have plenty to talk about.
Once your pairings have been sent to you, you will have 6 weeks to get to know each other via email and social media as well as reading each others blogs. Then you will each write a blog post about your experience of getting to know the other bloggers and what you have discovered about them.