Week 4 of #bundlemarathon is about beauty secrets, I have to admit I'm struggling with this topic a little. I don't think I have any secrets, most of what I know is common knowledge amongst beauty lovers.
So here are a few things that I think are pretty important:
1) Don't think you're too young for anti ageing products, fine lines and wrinkles sneak up on you very quickly, especially the ones around your eyes. So even if you're in your early 20's, still get into the habit of using an eye cream and anti ageing moisturiser. Remember prevention is better than cure!
2) Don't bake yourself in the sun too much, yes we all know it's trendy to be tanned but do you really want to be one of those old women whose face looks like leather, hands are covered in age spots and their chest has more wrinkles than a piece of old crepe paper! You know the type of women, when you are on holiday they are the ones in their 50's and 60's laying out by the pool from AM to PM to get a tan. They have done that all their life and now look pretty haggered, is it really worth it?
3) Don't be too rough with your skin, be gentle when removing eye make-up as the skin is so thin and will stretch easily. Don't pull too hard when putting your eyeliner on, you don't want to help gravity by pulling your skin this way and that, it won't always snap back and you will be kicking yourself for not treating it more kindley.
4) Dabbing pure tea tree oil onto spots to kill bacteria and help reduce the swelling.
5) Don't sleep in your make-up, cliche I know. Everyone uses this one but it really is true that it's bad for your skin, on the odd occasion I do sleep in it I end up with a massive spot! Reason enough no?
What tips do you live by?